Barbarians (Mercenary) are a type of Mercenary in Diablo 2. Barbarians (Mercenary) are melee attack followers that use One Hand Swords. They can be hired from . Mercenaries are special NPCs who act as companions who team up with our hero to fight the forces of evil in Sanctuary.
Barbarians (Mercenary) Description
- Barbarians (Mercenary) are Melee Attack Mercenaries
- Features the highest Defense and Life.
- Each time a Barbarian (Mercenary) levels up, the follower gains +2 Strength, +1.5 Dexterity, +7.5 Defense, +1.5 Resistances, +12 Life
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 Rogue Scouts have suffered some changes:
- Updated each stat/skill gains in each difficulty to match so that there is no disadvantage of leveling up a Hell difficulty mercenary versus a Normal difficulty mercenary.
- Life baseline scaling increased (Now has the most life compared to other mercenaries)
- Defense baseline and scaling increased and the scaling at higher levels was reduced (Now has the highest defense baseline compared to other Mercenaries)
- Bash level scaling increased and will no longer be capped at level 80
- Stun level scaling increased and will no longer be capped at level 80
- Added Battle Cry
How to obtain Barbarians (Mercenary)?
- To unlock Barbarians (Mercenary) you must first complete the Rescue on Mount Arreat Quest
- Can be hired from Qual-Kehk at Harrogath
Barbarians (Mercenary) Skills
Barbarians (Mercenary) features the following Skills:
Barbarians (Mercenary) Equipment
- Can use One Hand Swords
- Can wear all type of Chest Armor and Helms
- Can be equipped with Barbarian Class Helms
Faster Rates & Breakpoints
Barbarians (Mercenary) Notes & Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 Desert Mercenaries have suffered some changes.
- Only one Mercenary can be used at a time. If players hire a new one, the current follower and his/her equipment will be lost. So first remove Mercenary's gear before hiring a new one.
- Mercenaries can be resurrected at any time by visiting Mercenary Leader NPCs in each town. Resurrecting Mercenaries has a fee that increases as your Mercenary levels off.
- Followers benefit from both the Magic Find Equipment they use along with the Hero's Magic Find Equipment as both Magic Find Rate add up but only when the Mercenary kills enemies. It does not apply the other way around for your character.
- Mercenaries gain experience from both your kills and theirs, but they will level up faster from experience obtained from their own kills
- The top level Mercenaries can reach is level 98.