Blades of Ice
|Skill Tree||Martial Arts|
Blades of Ice is an Assassin Skill in Diablo 2. Blades of Ice is part of the Martial Arts Skill Tree and requires level 24 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
Charging the ether around her claw blades, the trained Assassin can freeze opponents
with a vicious rake of her razors.
Blades of Ice Information
- Charge-Up Skill
Consecutive hits add Cold damage to finishing moves. Can only be used with claw-class weapons. Must use a dragon finishing move or normal attack to release charges.
- Cast Delay: None
- Releasing one charge of Blades of Ice results in a small cold damage effect 1m or less in diameter that will damage only the mob it was released on. Releasing two charges of Blades of Ice results in a short lived (half a second or less) aoe; the aoe consists of a group of 7-9 ice damage patches about 7m in diameter total. Mobs in the aoe(that are not immune to cold) will take damage and become chilled (appear blue and attack and move more slowly). Releasing three charges results in the same aoe effect, but the mob that the charges were released on will become frozen in place; the duration depends on the skill level. Special mobs can't be frozen.
- Cold facets will reduce enemy cold resistance and increase the cold damage for the first two charges. Items that grant increased cold skill damage (like Nightwing's Veil, Ormus Robes) will work similarly.
- The duration of the chilling effect ("chilled" mobs will move and attack slower and appear blue) is the same as the duration of the freeze effect ("frozen" mobs will not move at all and will appear blue).
- Freezing and Chilling durations are cut 3/4 in Hell. This reduction is not reflected in the skill description.
- Blades of Ice must be used with at least one claw.
- Mana Cost: 3
- Attack Rating +%: 25 Before Patch 2.4 was 15%
- Charge 1 Cold Damage: 15-35
- Charge 2 Cold Radius: 4 Yards
- Charge 3 Freeze Duration in seconds: 4
Blades of Ice Synergies
Blades of Ice Receives Synergy From:
- Phoenix Strike: +8% Cold Damage Per Level
Blades of Ice Provides Synergy to:
- Phoenix Strike: +10% Cold Damage Per Level
Blades of Ice Progression
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Blades of Ice
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes
- Attack Rating bonus increased from +15% to +25% baseline, and from +7% to +10% per level
Charge 1 Cold Damage
Charge 2 Cold Radius
Charge 3 Freeze Duration
Mana Cost: 3
Notes and Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes
- Other Notes & Tips go here