Desert Mercenaries are a type of Mercenary in Diablo 2. Desert Mercenaries are melee-attack followers that use Spears and Javelins. They can be hired from Greiz at Lut Gholein Mercenaries are special NPCs who act as companions who team up with our hero to fight the forces of evil in Sanctuary.
Desert Mercenaries Description
- Melee-attack companions that use Spears, Javelins to attack Enemies
- Widely consider the best type of Mercenaries due to their Auras
- Can be hired from Greiz at Lut Gholein
- Each time a Desert Mercenary levels up, the Mercenary gains +1.5 Strength, +1.5 Dexterity, +9.5 Defense, +1.5 Resistances, +10 Life
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 Rogue Scouts have suffered some changes:
- Updated each stat/skill gains in each difficulty to match so that there is no disadvantage of leveling up a Hell difficulty mercenary versus a Normal difficulty mercenary.
- Nightmare and Hell difficulty now have all 6 different aura types available from the Hire menu, instead of separating them out by 3 per difficulty. Normal is unchanged
- Added some quality-of-life improvements by allowing players to hire all six different Aura types in Nightmare and Hell difficulty, rather than having to switch between modes
- Thorns aura level scaling increased and will now continue scaling up beyond the highest-level threshold up to max level.
How to obtain Desert Mercenaries?
Desert Mercenaries Auras
Desert Mercenaries Skills
Desert Mercenaries features the following Skills:
Desert Mercenaries Equipment
Faster Rates & Breakpoints
Desert Mercenaries Notes & Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 Desert Mercenaries have suffered some changes.
- Only one Mercenary can be used at a time. If players hire a new one, the current follower and his/her equipment will be lost. So first remove Mercenary's gear before hiring a new one.
- Mercenaries can be resurrected at any time by visiting Mercenary Leader NPCs in each town. Resurrecting Mercenaries has a fee that increases as your Mercenary levels off.
- Followers benefit from both the Magic Find Equipment they use along with the Hero's Magic Find Equipment as both Magic Find Rate add up but only when the Mercenary kills enemies. It does not apply the other way around for your character.
- Mercenaries gain experience from both your kills and theirs, but they will level up faster from experience obtained from their own kills
- The top level Mercenaries can reach is level 98.