Grim Ward is a Barbarian Skill in Diablo 2. Grim Ward is part of the Warcries Skill Tree and requires level 24 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 Grim Ward has been updated making this skill a lot more interesting for new builds.
This skill allows the Barbarian to fashion a totem out of the carcass of his slain enemies. The resulting talisman serves as a grave warning to all of the minions of the Prime Evils. The mere sight of the Totem causes monsters to flee in terror. With additional training the warrior can increase the potency of the ward.
Grim Ward Information
- Use on the corpse of a slain monster to create a frightening totem that causes nearby monster to flee.
- Cast Delay: None
- Player vs Player - This will not work on other Players.
- Grim Ward is a more strategic spell, used to permanently block off areas so that monsters will not attack you from that side. They can also be used to channel monsters into specific areas so that the Barbarian can deal with them in an easier fashion. Basically, it has a specific use that is effective and different from any other spell.
- Grim Ward will not work against Super Unique Monsters and Bosses, or some monsters like Ghosts.
- Slows and increases Damage Taken for nearby enemies. (Since Patch 2.4)
- Mana Cost: 4
- Radius: 2
- Duration 40
Grim Ward Synergies
Grim Ward Receives Synergy From:
Grim Ward Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
Grim Ward Progression
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Grim Ward
Mana Cost: 4
Duration: 40 seconds
In Patch 2.4 Notes, it is said that the Radius Baseline has been increased but the increase amount is not specified yet.
Notes and Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 these skills has suffered some changes.
- Notes & Tips go here