Magically enhances shield to give defense bonuses.
Mana Cost: 35
|Skill Tree||Paladin Combat Skills|
|Type||Active / Passive|
Holy Shield is a Paladin Skill in Diablo 2. Holy Shield is part of the Paladin Combat Skills Tree and requires level 24 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
To a Paladin, the shield is a symbol of his faith. Particularly devout Paladins can channel their faith into their shields, bolstering its defensive value with holy energy. The purer his faith, the greater his defense.
Holy Shield Information
- Magically enhances shield to give defense bonuses.
- Cast Delay: None
- Holy Shield increases Smite Damage for each point.
- Holy Shield is not a Passive skill, it is similar to the Sorceress' Frozen Armor spells. To create a Holy Shield, cast the spell. It will last until it wears off which will be determined by how many skill points you have placed in Holy Shield.
- Paladins who use Shields should consider this skill. Additional defense and increased blocking is always something to be desired, and this skill can still be used in combination with his Auras, and other Combat skills.
- You may not want to use this skill in combination with the Thorns Aura. When using Thorns, you want the monsters to hit you so that they will be damaged by Thorns, however Holy Shield makes it more difficult for monsters to hit you.
- Holy Shield is very useful to increase blocking on shields with low blocking. You may find a great rare, or unique shield with low blocking. The lack of blocking on the shield may make you think twice about using it, but with Holy Shield you can raise the chance to block and still use this shield.
- Mana Cost: 35
- Duration (seconds): 30
- Defense +%: 25
- Successful Blocking +%: 14
- Smite Damage +: 3-6
- Holy Shield Required Level: 24
- Holy Shield Prerequisites: Smite, Holy Bolt, Charge, Blessed Hammer
Holy Shield Synergies
Holy Shield Receives Synergy From:
- Defiance: +15% Defense per level
Holy Shield Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
Holy Shield Progression
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Holy Shield
Mana Cost: 35
Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips go here
|Paladin Combat Skills in Diablo 2|
Blessed Hammer ♦ Charge ♦ Conversion ♦ Fist of the Heavens ♦ Holy Bolt ♦ Sacrifice ♦ Smite ♦ Vengeance ♦ Zeal