Leaps away from danger or into the fray.
Mana Cost: 2
|Skill Tree||Barbarian Combat Skills|
Leap is a Barbarian Skill in Diablo 2. Leap is part of the Barbarian Combat Skills Tree and requires level 6 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes.
Because of his great strength, a trained barbarian warrior is able to perform great leaps. These jumps are noteworthy, enabling the Barbarian to spring free of dangerous swarms of enemies, and landing with an impact that sends them reeling.
- Leaps away from danger or into the fray.
- Cast Delay: None
- Leap is great for its low cost in mana. Leap also causes Knockback on all the monsters around the area where the Barbarian lands. This is very handy for getting your body back after dying. Leap is good for getting yourself out of danger when surrounded. It's quite possible for monsters to surround you making it impossible to get away, but Leap can allow you to escape. Leap can be used to jump over other party members that get in the way in tight dungeon corridors such as the Sewers, and Maggot Lair in Act II. The only similar spells are Leap Attack (scroll down), Assassin Dragon Flight, and Sorceress Teleport, which although is somewhat superior, is much more costly in mana, and is only available at a higher level (Character Level 18). Leap is useful for leading Monsters to obstacles then jumping over them. Leap is great for crossing rivers without a bridge, and jumping whatever things are in the way to make your trip shorter. At only 2 Mana, it's quite a deal. You'll find it useful to place a few points into Leap to jump further distances, but there comes a point where it's a waste to put additional points into Leap.
- Hidden Knockback Radius: Leap has a hidden radius in which the knockback-effect is caused. It has a base of 2.6 (actually 2.64) yards, and gains 0.66 yards per level. For Example, a level 10 Leap will have a knockback radius of (1.98 + (10 * 0.66)) = 8.5 yards. This is an approximation. As is obvious, high levels of Leap can cause knockback to almost an entire screen of monsters, just like a NEF rune would do to a single monster.
- The speed of the Leap motion was increased by 75% in Patch 2.4
- Mana Cost: 2
- Radius (yards): 4.6
- Leap Required Level: 6
- Leap Prerequisites: None
Leap Receives Synergy From:
- No synergies
Leap Provides Synergy to:
- Leap Attack: +10% Damage per level
Baseline minimum distance increased in Patch 2.4.
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Leap
Notes and Tips
- Since Patch 2.4, Tooltip was updated to display Knockback Radius.
- Notes & Tips go here