Ort is a Rune in Diablo 2. Ort can be applied to Socketed Items, by doing so it grants said item different properties depending on if the Socketed Item is a Weapon or a piece of Armor. Runes can also be used in some Horadric Cube's recipes. When socketed in a certain combination and order, Runes can become Runewords, giving more powerful bonuses to the item they have socketed.
Ort Modifiers & Effects
Ort grants the following modifiers:
Adds 1–50 Lightning Damage
An item Socketed with a Ort Rune increases the item's level requirement to 21, unless it was already higher.
How to find Ort
- The Countess's extra Rune drops on any difficulty can include Ort Runes.
- The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 to 11 chance to drop a Ort Rune as part of its reward.
- The Rescue on Mount Arreat quest rewards you a Ral Rune, an Ort Rune, and a Tal Rune
Rune Words that use Ort
Ort can be used in the following Runewords:
- Ancient's Pledge
- Holy Thunder
- Pattern (Added in Patch 2.4)
Horadric Recipes that use Ort
- You can transmute x3 Ort runes to create one Thul rune.
- You can transmute magic chain gloves or exceptional/elite version (heavy bracers or vambraces), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect sapphire to create crafted Hit Power gloves.
- You can transmute a magic axe, a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood weapon.
- You can transmute magic leather gloves or exceptional/elite version (demonhide gloves or bramble mitts), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect amethyst to create crafted Caster gloves.
- You can transmute magic greaves or exceptional/elite version (war boots or myrmidon greaves), a jewel, an Ort rune, and a perfect emerald to create crafted Safety boots.
- You can transmute a basic rare weapon, an Ort rune, an Amn rune, and a perfect sapphire to upgrade the rare weapon's base weapon type to its exceptional version.
- You can transmute a non-ethereal weapon and an Ort rune to repair the weapon's durability.
- You can transmute a non-ethereal weapon, an Ort rune and a chipped gem to repair the weapon's durability and restore the weapon's skill charges.
Ort Notes & Tips
- Notes and tips go here