Redemption is a Paladin Skill in Diablo 2. Redemption is part of the Defensive Auras Skill Tree and requires level 30 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
A Paladin must be true to his duty and belief that all souls are worthy of attempted salvation. With this aura, the Paladin shares the glory of the Light with his vanquished enemies. With each administration of these final rites, the Paladin is redeemed physically as well as spiritually.
- Periodically attempts to redeem corpses for Health and Mana.
- Cast Delay: None
- Redemption does not regain mana or hit points for other party members, Minions, Monsters that have been converted or Hirelings.
- To use Redemption, get within range of some monster bodies and turn on the aura. When you mouse over the skill it lists chance to Redeem. This means how fast Redemption will work. As you devote more points into Redemption, the chance to redeem will go up and it will work much faster.
- Redemption turns the Paladin to a virtual walking well. Whenever the Paladin can kill monsters creating bodies, he can use Redemption to regain mana and health. As you know, there is no shortage of monsters so there is now an almost endless supply of monsters to use to heal the Paladin and to regain mana. This aura is a great replacement to Prayer. It works much faster than Prayer in combat and requires no mana, just monster bodies. When it works, it instantly regains health and mana.
- As you devote more points into Redemption, it will regain more Health and Mana from a body, and work much faster. However, this will eat up bodies much faster which isn't always what you want. If you plan on using Redemption while you fight, devote more points into it, so it will help you faster and heal more life, and regain more mana. If you plan on using it after battle, only devote one to a few points to it.
- The best way to use Redemption is to kill a few monsters, then run in circles around the monster's corpses until they are redeemed, then jump back into combat. This works very well against large groups of monsters. After finishing a battle with less than full health or mana (if you're using Mana Skills), run back to a group of monster corpses and turn on redemption.
- Redemption can be used to get rid of monster bodies preventing any other creatures such as Shamans from raising the bodies. If possible bait the minions who might be raised away from their leader with Redemption on out of the range of the raising monster. Kill them quickly and make sure redemption gets rid of the body. This will prevent the enemy master from raising their minions. It's also possible to do this within the raising corpses range, but is more difficult to pull off.
- Radius (yards): 10.6
- Chance to Redeem +%: 23
- HP/Mana Recovery (points): 25
Redemption Receives Synergy From:
- Sacrifice: +15% Damage Per Level
Redemption Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Redemption
Radius: 10.6 yards
Chance to Redeem +%
HP/Mana Recovery (points)
Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips go here