Rogue Scouts are a type of Mercenary in Diablo 2. Rogue Scouts are ranged-attack Mercenaries that use Bows to attack Enemies from a distance. Followers can be hired from Kashya at the Rogue Encampment. Mercenaries are special NPCs who act as companions who team up with our hero to fight the forces of evil in Sanctuary.
Rogue Scouts Description
- Rogue Scouts are ranged-attack Mercenaries
- Feature weak defense and low Health making them vulnerable to close range attacks.
- You can acquire Fire Rogue Scouts who can shoot Fire Arrows or Cold Rogue Scouts who can shoot Cold Arrows.
- Each time a Rogue Scout levels up, the Mercenary receives +1 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +6.5 Defense, +1.5 Resistances, +8 Life.
- Rogue Scouts names are randomly generated each time you visit Kashya
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 Rogue Scouts have suffered some changes:
- Updated each stat/skill gains in each difficulty to match so that there is no disadvantage of leveling up a Hell difficulty mercenary versus a Normal difficulty mercenary.
- The Rogue Scouts is getting new flavored ranged skills that will scale as she levels up. These new skills should improve her AoE (Area of Effect) damage effectiveness and thus make her a more effective ranged damage dealer.
How to obtain Rogue Scouts?
- After completing the Sisters' Burial Grounds quest, Kashya will give you Mercenary for free if you haven't previously acquired one.
- Can be hired from Kashya at the Rogue Encampment after the Hero reaches level 8
Rogue Scouts Skills
Rogue Scouts features the following Skills:
- (only available for Cold Rogue Scouts)
- (only available for Fire Rogue Scouts)
- Added Freezing Arrow - NEW from Patch 2.4
- Added Explosion Arrow - NEW from Patch 2.4
Rogue Scouts Equipment
- Can use Bows and wear all type of Armor
- Can not be equipped with Crossbows nor exclusive Amazon Class Bows
Faster Rates & Breakpoints
Rogue Scouts Notes & Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 Rogue Scouts have suffered some changes.
- Only one Mercenary can be used at a time. If players hire a new one, the current folllower and his/her equipment will be lost. So first remove Mercenary's gear before hiring a new one.
- Mercenaries can be resurrected at any time by visiting Mercenary Leader NPCs in each town. Resurrecting Mercenaries has a fee that increases as your Mercenary levels off.
- Followers benefit from both the Magic Find Equipment they use along with the Hero's Magic Find Equipment as both Magic Find Rate add up but only when the Mercenary kills enemies. It does not apply the other way around for your character.
- Mercenaries gain experience from both your kills and theirs, but they will level up faster from experience obtained from their own kills
- The top level Mercenaries can reach is level 98.