Terror Zones in Diablo 2: Resurrected was added with Patch 2.5. Affected zones are supposed to provide more variety as you encounter high level monster mobs on your way to character Level 99.
Terror Zones Info in Diablo 2: Resurrected
Terror Zones are kind of an invasion mode that will turn existing areas into hell invaded zones full of terrifying monsters that you will have to kill. Terror Zones are good farming spots with high level enemies and add some more challenge, as well as variety to the game. Respectively, loot and experience that you can get inside these zones will be better too. Terror Zones are optional however, so players who do not want to activate this new feature can simply stick to the old system.
The level of monsters in Terror Zones will be at least two levels higher than your current level, up to a maximum per difficulty (see below), but never lower. This means that if a Level 45 player creates a game in Nightmare difficulty, in which a Level 55 zone becomes a Terror Zone, Standard Monsters will still be Level 55, not Level 47. Terror Zones will never scale lower than the base level of the original zone.
|+2 player level up to 45||+2 player level up to 71||+2 player level up to 96|
|+4 player level up to 47||+4 player level up to 73||+4 player level up to 98|
|+5 player level up to 48||+5 player level up to 74||+5 player level up to 99|
How to Unlock Terror Zones
To unlock Terror Zones for the first time, you will have to defeat Baal on the character and difficulty you want to play in Terror Zones. This means that if you want to be able to enter a Terror Zone on normal difficulty on your Barbarian, you will have to first play on your Barb, on normal, until you reach and defeat Baal. The same goes for each difficulty.
Afterwards, you can activate Terror Zones by enabling them for your game or join a game in multiplayer where the host has enabled Terror Zones. Every hour, another specific area will be the focus of the Burning Hells and be terrorized! You will then see a purple message in your chat window that tells you which zone is affected.
Characters that have already progressed up to this point will automatically have this feature unlocked. Furthermore, waypoints and area names will also show when a zone has become a Terror Zone. Additionally, if you already are in a Terror Zone, terrorized monsters will have unique icons, and there will be on screen messages, special audio, and visual effects that will make you understand you entered a Terror Zone.
Terror Zones Areas
After patch 2.6, Terror Zones are available in offline games! Offline Terror Zones will operate on a different schedule from their online counterpart but function the same otherwise. Remember, you can now receive Sundering Charms as a drop in offline Terror Zone games too.
Also, Kurast Sewers were removed from the Terror Zones list, some areas were added and the Bloody Foothills and Frigid Highlands, which both were separate Terror Zones before, have been combined together with Abbadon.
- Blood Moor and Den of Evil
- Cold Plains and The Cave
- Burial Grounds, The Crypt, and the Mausoleum
- Stony Field
- Dark Wood / Underground Passage
- Black Marsh / The Hole
- The Forgotten Tower
- Jail / Barracks
- Cathedral and Catacombs
- The Pit
- Moo Moo Farm
- Rocky Waste and Stony Tomb
- Dry Hills and Halls of the Dead
- Far Oasis
- Lost City, Valley of Snakes, and Claw Viper Temple
- Ancient Tunnels
- Arcane Sanctuary
- Tal Rasha's Tombs
- Spider Forest and Spider Cavern
- Great Marsh
- Flayer Jungle and Flayer Dungeon
- Kurast Bazaar, Ruined Temple, and Disused Fane
- Durance of Hate
- Outer Steppes and Plains of Despair
- River of Flame / City of the Damned
- Chaos Sanctuary
- Bloody Foothills / Frigid Highlands / Abbadon
- Glacial Trail / Drifter Cavern
- Crystalline Passage and Frozen River
- Arreat Plateau / Pit of Acheron
- Nihlathak's Temple, Halls of Anguish, Halls of Pain, and Halls of Vaught
- Ancient's Way and Icy Cellar
- Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction, and Worldstone Chamber
Participating in Terror Zones not only offers greater experience gain, but will also give you the chance to get Sundered Charms, new unique loot, only available within Terror Zones. Sundered Charms will give you the possibility to break through monster immunities. However, they can only drop from Champion difficulty monsters or higher.
Keep in mind that Sundered Charms can cause various negative effects on yourself, the enemy, and even your pets & summons.
- Black Cleft
- Monster Magic Immunity is Sundered
- Player Magic Resistance Lowered
- Bone Break
- Monster Physical Immunity is Sundered
- Player Physical Damage Received Increased
- Cold Rupture
- Monster Cold Immunity is Sundered
- Player Cold Resistance Lowered
- Crack of the Heavens
- Monster Lightning Immunity is Sundered
- Player Lightning Resistance Lowered
- Flame Rift
- Monster Fire Immunity is Sundered
- Player Fire Resistance Lowered
- Rotting Fissure
- Monster Poison Immunity is Sundered
- Player Poison Resistance Lowered