Thul is a Rune in Diablo 2. Thul can be applied to Socketed Items, by doing so it grants said item different properties depending on if the Socketed Item is a Weapon or a piece of Armor. Runes can also be used in some Horadric Cube's recipes. When socketed in a certain combination and order, Runes can become Runewords, giving more powerful bonuses to the item they have socketed.
Thul Modifiers & Effects
Thul grants the following modifiers:
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage -3 Second Duration
Armor, Helms and Shields
An item Socketed with a Thul Rune increases the item's level requirement to 23, unless it was already higher.
How to find Thul
- The Countess's extra Rune drops can include Thul Runes. Only on Nightmare or Hell difficulty.
- The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 to 11 chance to drop a Thul Rune as part of its reward.
Rune Words that use Thul
Thul can be used in the following Runewords:
Horadric Recipes that use Thul
- You can transmute x3 Thul runes and a Chipped Topaz to create one Amn rune.
- You can transmute a magic amulet, a jewel, a Thul rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power amulet.
- You can transmute magic plate mail or exceptional/elite version (templar coat or hellforge plate), a jewel, a Thul rune, and a perfect ruby to create crafted Blood body armor.
- You can transmute magic boots or exceptional/elite version (demonhide boots or wyrmhide boots), a jewel, a Thul rune, and a perfect amethyst to create crafted Caster boots.
- You can transmute a magic amulet, a jewel, a Thul rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety amulet.
- You can transmute normal quality unsocketed body armor, a Tal rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect topaz to add a random number of sockets to the body armor.
- You can transmute a normal quality unsocketed helm, a Ral rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect sapphire to add a random number of sockets to the helm.
- You can transmute a basic rare armor, a Ral rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect amethyst to upgrade the rare armor's base armor type to its exceptional version.
Thul Notes & Tips
- Notes and tips go here