Valkyrie is an Amazon Skill in Diablo 2. Valkyrie is part of the Passive and Magic Skills Tree and requires level 30 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
When a warrior has proven her devotion to Athulua through her brave deeds and exceptional skill in battle, the Goddess shows her favor by granting a spiritual emissary to aid the Amazon. These emissaries of Athulua are called Valkyrie, and they are the spirits of the greatest heroes from the Amazon people. The power to summon a Valkyrie is the greatest honor that an Amazon warrior can receive. It is believed this gift is a sign that your place beside the Goddess is assured when you pass from this world-perhaps even as a Valkyrie.
- Summons a powerful Valkyrie ally.
- Cast Delay: 0.6 seconds - Before Patch 2.4 was 6 seconds
- A Valkyrie is much more powerful than a Hireling and you can create one whenever you have enough mana. You can only have one Valkyrie at a time. Valkyries have a glow about them so it's easy to pick them out. Their attack is a Melee Spear attack. Valkyries can have other abilities as the result of the magic spears and armor they receive when they are created. These items are level 25 plus 3 per level. This means that they could potentially have almost any ability normally attached to a spear or armor.
- Valkyries work very well with Ranged Amazon attacks such as Javelin, Bow, and Crossbows. A Valkyrie is great to use because like a Hireling, they will attract Melee Monsters which will reduce the number of Monsters that are directly attacking you. The Valkyrie will also draw fire from ranged Monsters which further reduce the amount of damage you're taking at one time. Valkyries are very powerful and become more powerful as you spend more skill points. Valkyries can also take advantage of Paladin Auras or any other beneficial party member skill or spell.
- You can Heal the Valkyrie via a Town Healer, a Paladin's Prayer Aura or you can simply cast a new Valkyrie.
- Don't be afraid to recast your Valkyrie to reposition her closer to the enemy. With % Mana Steal items, you can quickly recover the Mana.
- Combine Valkyrie with Decoy to reduce the amount of damage you take.
- Sometimes Valkyries may have Immunities on higher difficulty. You may wish to recast Valkyrie until you get one.
- Its armor will have a random color each time you summon it.
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes:
- Casting Delay reduced from 6 seconds to 0.6 seconds
- Casting Delay will no longer share its cooldown with other skills that have Casting Delays
- Tooltip updated to now display Casting Delay
The Valkyries' resistances are equal to their level * 2, to a max of 85. So a level 10 Valkyrie will have +20 Resist All. Valkyries also get a hidden synergy bonus from Decoy, where every physical point in Decoy will add +2 Resist All. The whole formula comes out as = (Valkyrie level + Base Decoy Level ) * 2
- Magic Level:
The equipment that a Valkyrie is spawned with is based on her Magic Level, i.e. the ilvl that her equipment is spawned with, therefore denoting which mods can be spawned. The Magic Level of any Valkyrie is equal to a base of 25 at level 1, and increases by 3 for each level.
Valkyries recieve a bonus of Dexterity of +12 per level. A level 12 Valkyrie will have 144 dexterity points. Valks gain bonuses of attack rating and defense much like any character, but this is not reflected in their skill description.
- Valkyrie Health = 440 * (1 + 0.2 * (Valkyrie level + Decoy Level - 1))
- The Valkyrie gains Synergy bonuses equal to the amount of base skill points you have placed in Critical Strike, Dodge, Avoid, and Evade. For example, if you have placed 1 point into Avoid, the Valkyrie will have a 24% chance to dodge a missile.
- Mana Cost: 25
- Hit Points: 528
- % Damage: 0
- % Attack: 40
- % Defense Bonus: 0
- Valkyrie Required Level: 30
- Valkyrie Prerequisites: Inner Sight, Dodge, Slow Missiles, Avoid, Decoy, Evade
Valkyrie Receives Synergy From:
Valkyrie Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Valkyrie
Notes and Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes
- Notes & Tips go here