Leap Attack is a Barbarian Skill in Diablo 2. Leap Attack is part of the Barbarian Combat Skills Tree and requires level 18 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes.
A young treasure hunter once sought his fortune in a raid for Barbarian gold on Mount Arreat. Hearing tales of the Barbarian people's expertise in close combat, he hired a phalanx of mercenary spearmen to accompany him, thinking their long spears would force the Barbarian warriors to fight from a distance. He soon learned his mistake as a single Barbarian warrior was enough to slaughter his entire party. Ambushing the raiding party from a patch of scrub grass, the Barbarian leapt over them, slaying one whilst airborne, and skewering two more as he landed. Before the would-be thief could draw a single breath, all of his hired lancers had been dispatched. It was a long walk home.
Leap Attack Information
- Leaps to and attacks target enemy in one swift assault.
- Cast Delay: None
- Leap Attack is a great skill for picking off targets one by one. It's particularly useful against those pesky Sand Leapers and unique bosses with the ability to Teleport. For those targets, just highlight your target and hold down the mouse button that Leap Attack is assigned to.
- Once you get Leap Attack, you will no longer need to use the regular Leap skill. Also, Leap Attack has an extremely long range from the very first point that you put into it so by using it, you're able to get out of sticky situations just as well, if not better, than with the normal Leap skill.
- Leap Attack combined with Whirlwind can be an extremely deadly combination for your foes. Leap Attack can be used to get you into a good starting position for Whirlwind and it can also be used to help you escape quickly if Whirlwind is interrupted or if you run out of mana.
- Hidden Knockback Radius: Leap and Leap Attack both have a hidden knockback radius associated with them. With leap, it has a base of 2.6 (actually 2.64) yards, and gains 0.66 yards per level. Example, a level 10 leap will have a knockback radius of ( 1.98 + ( 10 * 0.66) ) = 8.5 yards. This is an approximation. With Leap Attack, the base knockback is 2.6 yards, and gains 1.32 yards per level. Example, a level 15 Leap Attack will have a knockback radius of (1.28 + ( 15 * 1.32 ) ) = 21.08 yards. Leapattack causes knockback to a monster, just like a NEF rune would do.
- Leap Motion Speed was increased by 75% in Patch 2.4.
- Mana Cost: 9
- Attack +%: 100
- Damage +%: 200
- Leap Attack Required Level: 18
- Leap Attack Prerequisites: Leap
Leap Attack Synergies
Leap Attack Receives Synergy From:
- Leap: +15% Damage Per Level
Note: In Patch 2.4, Leap Synergy was increased from +10% to +15% Damage per level.
Leap Attack Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
Leap Attack Progression
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Leap Attack
Mana Cost: 9
Attack Rating and Damage Baseline were updated in Patch 2.4:
- Damage baseline was increased from 100% to 200%
- Attack Rating baseline was increased from 50% to 100%
- Attack Rating per level was increased from 15% to 20%
Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips go here