Conversion is a Paladin Skill in Diablo 2. Conversion is part of the Paladin Combat Skills Tree and requires level 24 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has been updated.
Through force of will and strength of steel, a noble Paladin with this skill is able to blind his enemies with the glory of the Light. After trading blows with the Paladin and facing the fire of righteousness burning in his eyes, an enemy will sometimes be struck with a divine epiphany and momentarily repent his past undertakings. So complete is the transformation, that the converted will turn to slay its former comrades.
- A successful attack has a chance to convert the target to fight evil.
- Cast Delay: None
- Player vs Player - This will not work on other Players.
- This skill will not work on Super Unique Monsters, Champions, and Bosses.
- Conversion allows you to steal Monsters and use them against other Monsters in the area. Consider stealing Monsters with special attacks like Lightning or Blizzard, to help you fight. Be warned that eventually conversion will wear off and you will be forced to destroy your new friend.
- You get experience for kills made by monsters you have converted.
- You do not get experience for those converted monsters that are killed while under your power. You do not get experience for any of your minions that are killed (Golems, Valkyries, Revived, Converted, Attracted, Confused, Skeletal Mages, Skeletons).
- Combining Conversion with Thorns makes a great way to get large numbers of monsters to kill themselves, however, once the Conversion wears off, your Thorns aura will remain on the monster for a second or two. If you hit the monster during this time (easy to do with Zeal) then you'll do massive damage to yourself.
- Mana Cost: 4
- Chance to Convert %: 7
- Duration 16 Seconds
Conversion Receives Synergy From:
- No synergies
Conversion Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Conversion
Duration: 16 seconds
Mana Cost: 4
Chance to Convert
Since Patch 2.4, Maximum conversion chance was increased from 50% to 90%.
Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips go here
|Paladin Combat Skills in Diablo 2|