Smite is a Paladin Skill in Diablo 2. Smite is part of the Paladin Combat Skills Tree and requires level 1 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
The sword of a Paladin represents the might of righteousness and his shield symbolizes the strength of his faith. Both are tools he uses to mete out justice. Just as righteousness can give his spirit the fortitude to overcome the attacks of the unjust, so too can faith be a weapon to strike back at those who work to defeat him. To this end, the Paladin has developed several combat techniques that use the shield not only for defense, but also as an offensive weapon.
- Shield bash that does damage and knock back
- Cast Delay: None
- Smite always hits a target in range, so Attack Rating does not matter when using this skill.
- Smite does not work with Life/Mana % Steal.
- Smite is a weapon skill and thus is affected by Attack Speed (e.g. 'Fanaticism') and is not affected by Cast Rate (e.g. -of the Apprentice). Smite works with any "X% Chance to cast level Y (spell) upon striking" ability on your weapon.
- Smite does not receive added damage vs. undead with the Sanctuary aura.
- The Fire/Cold/Lightning damage added to attacks with the Holy-Fire, Holy-Freeze, and Holy-Shock auras do not add onto Smite damage.
- Smite can steal life with life tap cursed on target.
- Smite can also deal crushing blow and open wounds damage, but not deadly strike and elemental damages.
- Using Smite will reduce the durability of your weapon NOT shield
- Mana Cost: 2
- Damage +%: 15
- Stun (seconds): 0.6
- Smite Required Level: 1
- Smite Prerequisites: None
Smite Receives Synergy From:
Smite Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Smite
Mana Cost: 2
Since Patch 2.4, Tooltip was updated to now display that the skill always hits.
Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips go here
|Paladin Combat Skills in Diablo 2|