Thorns is a Paladin Skill in Diablo 2. Thorns is part of the Offensive Auras Skill Tree and requires level 6 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has been updated.
An eye for an eye is sometimes not enough. Those who would strike the emissaries of the Light had best take warning, for retribution shall be swift and certain. The might of your blows shall be felt a hundred fold unto you!
- Enemies take damage when they cause melee damage to party members.
- Cast Delay: None
- Player vs Player: Thorns will do 1/8th the damage.
- This aura will do severe damage to any monster or player that hits the Paladin with a Melee attack. Thorns will only work if the enemy actually hits you however, so consider using this when you are taking a lot of damage. If the monster is unable to hit you due to your high defense, high shield blocking, high level compared to the monster, or because you kill them before they are able to attack you, consider using a different aura. This Aura also works well in parties against any monsters that may hit your party members.
- Radius (yards): 10.6
- Since Patch 2.4, the Aura returns a flat amount of damage on top of a percentage of damage received back to the attacker. Flat damage returned works like "Attacker takes x damage" attribute on gear, dealing X amount of damage even if the attacker misses, the attack is blocked or the damage is absorbed.
- Thorns Required Level: 6
- Thorns Prerequisites: None
Thorns Receives Synergy From:
- No synergies
Thorns Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Thorns
Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips go here
|Paladin Offensive Auras in Diablo 2|