|Skill Tree||Martial Arts|
Cobra Strike is an Assassin Skill in Diablo 2. Cobra Strike is part of the Martial Arts Skill Tree and requires level 12 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
A properly trained Assassin can focus her mind to draw upon the ambient energies
surrounding her. Using this skill, she drains her adversary of life and spiritual
essence adding it to her own.
Cobra Strike Information
- Charge-Up Skill
Consecutive hits add life and Mana stealing to finishing moves. Must use a dragon finishing move or normal attack to release charges.
- Cast Delay: None
- Cobra Strike is a charge up that allows the assassin to lifesteal with the one charge, lifesteal and manasteal with two charges, and lifesteal and manasteal moreso with three charges. As such, if an assassin has a good physical damage and attack rating, Cobra Strike can sustain life and mana fairly dependably. However, since lifesteal and manasteal are reduced by 1/2 in nightmare and 2/3 in hellmode, and since monster damage resistances go up in hell (and in nm as well for some cases), the result is that Cobra Strike works best in normal.
- Lifesteal and manasteal also does not work at all on some mobs for any difficulty (such as skeletons, flying scimitars, gargoyle traps, swarms, lightning spires, etc). Using Cobra Strike, the assassin will not be able to steal life or mana from these kind of mobs.
- Many melee (PvM) assassin builds include Cobra Strike as an important skill for the build, but only allocate one point to it. At base lvl 1 (with additional skills from gear) it will provide most of its utility.
- Mana Cost: 2
- Attack Rating +%: 25 Before Patch 2.4 was 15%
- Charge 1: Life Stealing %: 40
- Charge 2: Life and Mana Stealing % 40
- Charge 3: Life and Mana Stealing %: 80
- Cobra Strike Required Level: 12
- Cobra Strike Prerequisites: Tiger Strike
Cobra Strike Synergies
Cobra Strike Receives Synergy From:
- No synergies
Cobra Strike Provides Synergy to:
- No synergies
Cobra Strike Progression
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Cobra Strike
Mana Cost: 2
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes
- Attack Rating bonus increased from +15% to +25% baseline, and from +7% to +10% per level
Charge 1: Life Stealing
Charge 2: Life and Mana Stealing
Charge 3: Life and Mana Stealing
Notes and Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes
- Other Notes & Tips go here