|Skill Tree||Martial Arts|
|Damage Type||Fire or Lightning or Cold|
Phoenix Strike is an Assassin Skill in Diablo 2. Phoenix Strike is part of the Martial Arts Skill Tree and requires level 30 to be unlocked. Skills usually define a character's playstyle and are divided by Class and Skill Tree. Some Skills have synergies, which provide benefits to other skills on the same Skill Tree.
This mighty skill allows the Assassin trained in its arts to prepare an attack that gives off
powerful elemental energies.
Phoenix Strike Information
- Charged-Up Skill
Add elemental noveas to finishing moves. Must use a dragon finishing move or normal attack to release charges.
- Cast Delay: None
- Phoenix Strike launches the active charge, not all three charges at once. So if you have it built up to Charge 2, Chaos Lightning will be released.
- Phoenix strike is a handy skill if you're fighting around monsters with different Resistances, because you don't need to change between skills.
- Releasing one charge of Phoenix Strike results in a meteor strike; the meteor will be centered on the mob that the charged was released on and will take 3 seconds to fall. Once it has fallen, an aoe (consisting of 9 patches of fire totaling ~5m diameter) will remain in the area where meteor struck. The duration that this aoe of fire patches remains on the ground depends on the skill level. Releasing two charges of Phoenix Strike results in a chain lightning attack. The chain lightning goes outward in a grid from the mob that the charge was released on, circles around, and then lightning paths randomly travel around an area of about 20m. In total the lightning remains for 2 seconds after released. Releasing three charges results in the release of ~15 chaos bolts. These do cold damage and will freeze targets in their path. They originate from the mob that the charges were released on, then spiral outwards with alternating bolts going clockwise and counterclockwise. The chaos bolts remain for roughly 1.5 seconds. Freezing duration is cut by 3/4 in Hell.
- Mana Cost: 4
- Attack Rating +% 25 Before Patch 2.4 was 15%
- Charge 1 Meteor Damage: 22-44
- Charge 2 Chain Lightning Damage: 1-45
- Charge 3 Chaos Ice Bolt Damage: 17-35
- Fire Explosion Damage (per sec): 14-23
- Phoenix Strike Required Level: 30
- Phoenix Strike Prerequisites: Tiger Strike, Fists of Fire, Cobra Strike, Claws of Thunder, Blades of Ice
Phoenix Strike Synergies
Phoenix Strike Receives Synergy From:
- Fists of Fire: +10% Fire Damage Per Level
- Fists of Fire: +6% Average Fire Damage Per Second Per Level
- Claws of Thunder: +13% Lightning Damage Per Level
- Blades of Ice: +10% Cold Damage Per Level
Phoenix Strike Provides Synergy to:
- Fists of Fire: +12% Fire damage per level
- Claws of Thunder: +8% Lightning damage per level
- Blades of Ice: +8% Cold damage per level
Phoenix Strike Progression
The following chart displays the upgrade values for each level of Phoenix Strike
Mana Cost: 4
Important Note: With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes
- Attack Rating bonus increased from +15% to +25% baseline, and from +7% to +10% per level
Charge 1 Meteor Damage
Charge 2 Chain Lightning Damage
Charge 3 Chaos Ice Bolt Damage
Fire Explosion Damage
Notes and Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 this skill has suffered some changes
- Other Notes & Tips go here