Nef is a Rune in Diablo 2. Nef can be applied to Socketed Items, by doing so it grants said item different properties depending on if the Socketed Item is a Weapon or a piece of Armor. Runes can also be used in some Horadric Cube's recipes. When socketed in a certain combination and order, Runes can become Runewords, giving more powerful bonuses to the item they have socketed.
Nef Modifiers & Effects
Nef grants the following modifiers:
Armor, Helms and Shields
+30 Defense Vs. Missile
An item Socketed with a Nef Rune increases the item's level requirement to 13, unless it was already higher.
How to find Nef
- The Countess's extra Rune drops on any difficulty can include Nef Runes.
- The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 to 11 chance to drop a Nef Rune as part of its reward.
Runewords that use Nef
Nef can be used in the following Runewords:
- Obsession (Added in Patch 2.4)
- Flickering Flame (Added in Patch 2.4)
Horadric Recipes that use Nef
- You can transmute x3 Nef Runes to create one Eth Rune
- Transmute magic field plate or exceptional/elite version (sharktooth armor or kraken shell), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power body armor.
- Transmute magic Heavy Gloves or exceptional/elite version (sharkskin gloves or vampirebone gloves), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood gloves.
- Transmute a magic mask or exceptional/elite version (death mask or demonhead), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect amethyst to create a crafted Caster helm.
- Transmute a magic kite shield or exceptional/elite version (dragon shield or monarch), a jewel, a Nef rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety shield.
Nef Notes & Tips
- Notes and tips go here