Tal is a Rune in Diablo 2. Tal can be applied to Socketed Items, by doing so it grants said item different properties depending on if the Socketed Item is a Weapon or a piece of Armor. Runes can also be used in some Horadric Cube's recipes. When socketed in a certain combination and order, Runes can become Runewords, giving more powerful bonuses to the item they have socketed.
Tal Modifiers & Effects
Tal grants the following modifiers:
+75 Poison Damage over 5 Seconds.
Armor, Helms and Shields
An item Socketed with a Tal Rune increases the item's level requirement to 17, unless it was already higher.
How to find Tal
- The Countess's extra Rune drops on any difficulty can include Tal Runes.
- The Hellforge on normal difficulty has a 1 to 11 chance to drop a Tal Rune as part of its reward.
Runewords that use Tal
Tal can be used in the following Runewords:
- x1 Ancient's Pledge
- x1 Edge
- x1 Holy Thunder
- x1 Insight
- x1 Spirit
- x1 Stealth
- x1 Venom
- 1x Pattern (Added in Patch 2.4)
- x1 Cure (Added in Patch 2.6)
Horadric Recipes that use Tal
- You can transmute x3 Tal Runes to create one Ral Rune.
- You can transmut a magic heavy belt or exceptional/elite version (battle belt or troll belt), a jewel, a Tal rune, and a perfect sapphire to create a crafted Hit Power belt.
- You can transmute a magic belt or exceptional/elite version (mesh belt or mithril coil), a jewel, a Tal rune, and a perfect ruby to create a crafted Blood belt.
- You can transmute magic light plate or exceptional/elite version (mage plate or archon plate), a jewel, a Tal rune, and a perfect amethyst to create crafted Caster body armor.
- You can transmute a magic sash or exceptional/elite version (demonhide sash or spiderweb sash), a jewel, a Tal rune, and a perfect emerald to create a crafted Safety belt.
- You can transmute normal quality unsocketed body armor, a Tal rune, a Thul rune, and a perfect topaz to add a random number of sockets to the body armor.
- You can transmute a normal quality unsocketed shield, a Tal rune, an Amn rune, and a perfect ruby to add a random number of sockets to the shield.
- You can transmute basic unique armor, a Tal rune, a Shael rune, and a perfect diamond to upgrade the unique armor's base armor type to its exceptional version.
- You can transmute a normal Set armor, a Tal rune, a Shael rune, and a Perfect Diamond to upgrade the normal set armor's base armor type to its exceptional version. New from Patch 2.4
Tal Notes & Tips
- With the release of Patch 2.4 Tal has suffered some changes.
- Notes and tips go here