Um is a Rune in Diablo 2. Um can be applied to Socketed Items, by doing so it grants said item different properties depending on if the Socketed Item is a Weapon or a piece of Armor. Runes can also be used in some Horadric Cube's recipes. When socketed in a certain combination and order, Runes can become Runewords, giving more powerful bonuses to the item they have socketed.
Um Modifiers & Effects
Um grants the following modifiers:
25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor, Helms and Shields
An item Socketed with an Um Rune increases the item's level requirement to 47, unless it was already higher.
How to find Um
- The Countess's extra Rune drops on Hell difficulty can include Um Runes.
- The Hellforge on Nightmare or Hell difficulty has a 1 to 11 chance to drop a Um Rune as part of its reward.
Runewords that use Um
Um can be used in the following Runewords:
- x1 Beast
- x1 Bone
- x1 Chains of Honor
- x1 Chaos
- x1 Crescent Moon
- x1 Doom
- x1 Duress
- x1 Gloom
- x1 Kingslayer
- x1 Stone
- x1 Plague (Added in Patch 2.4)
Horadric Recipes that use Um
- You can transmute two Um Runes and a Normal Topaz to create one Mal Rune. (Only single-player, open or ladder).
- You can transmute an exceptional rare Weapon, a Fal rune, an Um rune, and a Perfect Sapphire to upgrade the rare weapon's base weapon type to its elite version.
Um Notes & Tips
- Notes and tips go here