Hel is a Rune in Diablo 2. Hel can be applied to Socketed Items, by doing so it grants said item different properties depending on if the Socketed Item is a Weapon or a piece of Armor. Runes can also be used in some Horadric Cube's recipes. When socketed in a certain combination and order, Runes can become Runewords, giving more powerful bonuses to the item they have socketed.
Hel Modifiers & Effects
Hel grants the following modifiers:
Armor, Helms and Shields
How to find Hel
- The Countess's extra Rune drops can include Hel Runes. Only on Nightmare or Hell difficulty.
- The Hellforge on Nightmare or Hell difficulty has a 1 to 11 chance to drop a Hel Rune as part of its reward.
Rune Words that use Hel
Hel can be used in the following Runewords:
- x1 Breath of the Dying
- x1 Death
- x1 Doom
- x1 Lionheart
- x1 Myth
- x1 Obedience
- x1 Rift
- x1 Silence
- 1x Unbending Will (Added in Patch 2.4)
Horadric Recipes that use Hel
- You can transmute x3 Hel Runes and a Chipped Diamond to create one Io Rune. (Only Single-player, Open or Ladder).
- You can transmute a socketed item, a Hel rune, and a Scroll of Town Portal to unsocket the socketed item. This deletes the Gem, Jewels or Runes that were socketed in the item, but opens the item's sockets so that new ones can be inserted.
Hel Notes & Tips
- Notes and tips go here